Wedding invitations are the starting point for not just Indian weddings but all over the world. Wedding cards are more like an official announcement of a wedding to invite the guests. In addition, it will also reveal your wedding theme if you have theme based wedding.
Usually, people used to hand out printed traditional invitation cards to invite guests to their weddings. After technological development and the pandemic situation in the past, everything becomes online, even wedding invitation cards.
Yes, you read it right, you can create and share digital wedding invitation cards.
What is a Digital Wedding Invitation?
Digital wedding invitations are nothing but invitations that are created and shared through a digital medium. These are also called electronic invitations or e-invites. Through an online portal, anyone can create a wedding invitation and share it with anyone in the world.
Why do you need to create a digital wedding invitation?
Okay, now you know about digital wedding invitation cards. Now, you have to know the reason to create an e-invite. Because sending a digital invitation has more benefits than sending a traditional invitation card. Let’s look at the benefits of creating a digital invitation card for your wedding.
This will be the most important and biggest advantage of creating and sending a digital wedding invitation card. Because the traditional method needs different paper materials to get the final wedding cards in hand. On the contrary, a digital invitation card doesn’t need the usage of paper or any other relevant things. You can literally send the invitation card by downloading it from the platform.
The traditional wedding cards will need a part of your wedding budget. Because you need to choose a design and then finalize it for printing. The printing cost will be based on the number of wedding cards. After getting the invitations, you have to hand out the wedding cards to your relatives and friends.
For this, you have to go to each and every person’s house on your own and you have to bare this expense. In addition, you have to send a post to the relatives and friends who are living far away from you. Another expense added to the wedding budget. But when you decide to go with the digital wedding invitation cards. All you have to do is the following steps.
- Select the best wedding invitation card designing platform
- Create a digital invitation card based on your likes.
- Download the invitation card.
- Share it with your friends and relatives.
That’s it, this is the complete process and the expense will be based on your selection of wedding invitations. If you want to go with a free version of a wedding card, there is no expense in the invitations. If you want to go for a paid version, you need to pay for downloading it and that is the complete expense involved.
It is easier to edit or customize digital wedding cards when compared to traditional invitation cards. Even though you can customize the normal wedding cards, you can’t do it when you change your mind or when you want to send unique invitations to a separate set of people. Because you need to spend extra money for that process.
But a digital wedding invitation is easier to customize and you can create multiple invitations based on your needs. Because of the availability of free and paid versions provided by the online platforms.
The best part is you can even make the downloaded invitations into traditional wedding cards based on your preferences. Because it might be convenient for some elderly people and they also like this traditional way.
How to select the best website to design your wedding card?
The hardest part of creating a digital wedding invitation is selecting the correct and suitable platform for you. Because the availability of the platforms to design digital wedding invitations are huge. You have to consider some important factors when selecting the best wedding invitation designing platforms.
- You need to check the availability of customization a website is providing.
- If you are looking for premium wedding invitation templates, then you have to check the availability of design templates on the platform.
- In case you want to design your wedding cards, then you should check whether they are providing tutorials and enough design options.
- Check whether they are providing an RSVP option to track the response of your guests.
There are many other factors to consider when selecting a platform for your digital wedding invitation card design. Try to create a checklist of things you are expecting in a digital wedding invitation designing platform. Finally, select a platform that ticks all the boxes or most of the boxes in the list.
There are certain points that you have to remember when sending a digital wedding invitation card.
- Collect the emails of the invitees if you want to send the wedding invites through the mail. There are websites available online which might help you to collect the contact information of your guests.
- In addition, you can also add RSVP to the mailing list. This will help you in tracking the response to your invitation.
- You can also send the invitations via WhatsApp.
- Check whether you have entered all the necessary details in the invitation before downloading it. If it was free you can make the changes and download it again. But if it was paid, then you have to make the payment again when you want to download the correct design.
- Send the e-invites at least four to six months before the wedding day. This will give some time for the relatives to block a few days only for your wedding.
- Check the final responses or RSVPs to your invitation three to four weeks before the wedding day. This will help you to make proper arrangements for your wedding.