Destination weddings have always been a thing. However, thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, the concept of a destination wedding has become more prevalent than ever. Couples nowadays prefer getting married in a quaint destination in the presence of their loved ones instead of calling hundreds of guests to their wedding. With limited people, picturesque location, and warmth in the air, a destination wedding has become every couple's intimate getaway.
When it comes to picking a location for a destination wedding, people often resort to places like Rajasthan and Goa. Yes, Rajasthan extrudes royalty, while Goa is about the party, serenity, and stunning views. However, there are tonnes of places in India that are perfect for a destination wedding. So if you are looking for a destination other than Rajasthan and Goa, we have a list. Here are 10-offbeat places that are perfect for a destination wedding.
Offbeat Destinations In India You Must Consider For A Destination Wedding
- Hampi, Karnataka: Nestled in Karnataka, Hampi is often touted to be a backpackers by & by- however, this world heritage site has a lot to offer for weddings as well. Hampi is a perfect escape from the hustle-bustle of the city and is one of the offbeat destinations that is slowly becoming a popular spot for destination weddings in India. So, if you love history and majestic architecture, Hampi has to be your place. Make sure to plan a winter wedding here, between November-February, to enjoy the functions to their fullest. You can book vendors from Bangalore and take all the necessary help since Hampi is just seven hours from Bangalore.
- Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh: If you want to feel like a royal without spending a bomb in Rajasthan, then Khajuraho in Madhya Pradesh (MP) should be your pick. The heritage city of Khajuraho boasts many majestic hotels and historically rich monuments that make it perfect for a destination wedding. The amalgamation of old and new Khajuraho gives it a princely vibe. So if you want to have a grand wedding, without going to Rajasthan, this city is a great alternative. With its stunning historical sites, good weather, and budget-friendly options to explore, Khajuraho should be on your list.
- Naukuchiatal, Uttrakhand: When it comes to Uttarakhand, places that always come to our mind are Nanital, Dehradun, and Mussoorie.However, this beautiful state has a lot to offer besides these places. And one such offbeat destination is Naukuchiatal which has the best views of both the lakes and hills. There are several resorts in Naukuchiatal that offer a stunning lake view. You can create your version of the lake-view wedding here or even choose a forest-like area for a more backyard-vibe wedding. There are different options available for different wedding functions.
- Vizag, Andhra Pradesh: Planning a beach wedding, but don't want to choose Goa? Well, don't worry, we have a perfect alternative option for you. When it comes to beach weddings, Vizag is more or less synonymous with Goa.However, Vizag(formerly known as Visakhapatnam) is known for its clean, secluded beaches that are perfect for intimate weddings. Depending on your budget, you can book hotels, resorts and plan the wedding of your dreams in serenity.
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh: Shimla has to be your place if you are planning a winter wedding. With the quaint hill station covered in a white blanket of snow, everything looks breathtaking and dreamy in Shimla during winters. You can go with minimal decor and let the place speak for itself. With great food, warm people, serene views, this place will make your soul happy.
- Kanha, Madhya Pradesh: Known for its abundant flora and fauna, Kanha national park is one of the most beautiful wedding destinations in India. Kanha has tonnes of five-star properties, which are good enough to give you a luxurious vibe amidst the natural setting. If you love nature and adventure, you cannot find a better place than Kanha for your wedding. The raw surroundings with pleasant weather bring this place to our list. The forest shuts between July to mid-October, so you can consider these months to have the wedding of your dreams.
- Kumarakom, Kerala: Apart from its rich lineage and history, Kerala is also known for its enchanting backwaters. While Alleppey is known for backwaters, it's Kumarakom that's perfect for a destination wedding. Far away from the bustling streets, this place offers a perfect setting for a romantic, cozy wedding. With lush greenery and much-needed peace, Kumarakom should be on your list when you are looking for places to get hitched at.
- Khimsar, Rajasthan: Have you always dreamt of a dreamy Rajasthani wedding but don't want it to happen in Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur? Then how about exploring Khimsar in Rajasthan? Set amidst the glistening desert and dunes, Khimsar is an offbeat destination in India, perfect for a dreamy royal marriage. Imagine getting married in the desert? Sound's chic, right? Well, don’t remember to bookmark this destination.
- Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra: When it comes to Maharashtra, one place supremely popular for destination weddings is Lonavala. However, over-tourism and crowds have spoiled the beauty of this hill station. If you are looking for a scenic destination less crowded than Lonavala, you must check out Mahabaleshwar. Known for its weather, strawberries, and lake, Mahabaleshwar is perfect for those who don't want to travel much for their marriage.
Wedding season has officially begun, and if you are getting hitched soon and are still looking for locations to have an intimate wedding, then these places are for you. With serenity, royalty, and breathtaking views, these places are better than the same old places. Besides these wedding destinations in India, if you have any other places in mind, do let us know in the comments below.