Planning the wedding of your dreams is fun, but it can also be a daunting task if things don't go as per the plan. Yes, some people will be there to help you with everything- however, certain things can only be done by you. And as the wedding day progresses, your wedding planning stress increases even more.
So to help you deal with all the wedding planning stress, here are six tips that you must try. These tips will not only let you manage everything but will also ensure that you enjoy your wedding without stressing too much about decor, guests, food, and other things. So read on, and you can thank us later.
6 Tips To Help You Deal With All The Wedding Planning Stress
- Learn To Prioritize: Wedding planning is no joke- even if you don't do things all by yourself, you still need to be at par with what you have to do vs what others are doing. So set definite time limits for every chore and ensure that you prioritize the urgent ones while keeping the non-essential ones for the last. Make a list of essentials (finalizing the decor, venue, caterer, etc.) and ensure that you focus on these things first. keep checking the list so that you don't miss out on important stuff. This way, not only will you be able to keep the wedding planning stress at bay, but you will also enjoy the time with your partner. So from budget planning to post-wedding plans, everything should be on the list, and you must oversee that nothing gets skipped.
- Always Have A Plan B: At times, the way you plan things doesn't work out, and in that case, you need to have a plan B. Sit with the wedding planner and your family members to ensure that you have a plan B for everything in case anything goes wrong. Always be prepared for the worst-case scenarios since this will keep all the wedding planning stress at bay. When things don't work out, don't be embarrassed or upset about it, execute plan B and make sure that you enjoy every moment of your wedding. Also, you must ensure that your partner and their family know everything about plan B so that they can play along.
- Communication Is Important: Miscommunication can spoil your wedding. And to make sure that everyone is on the same page, you need to communicate well before making any move. If you are planning to add/reduce something from the wedding budget, make sure that your parents know about it. If you are making any last-minute changes to the food/decor, everyone who is a part of the wedding should know about it. Last-minute miscommunication only adds to the wedding stress, and you have to avoid that by all means. So be clear about everything you do, and make sure like you everyone is on the same page.
- Self Care Is A Must: Yes, you have a lot of things to do while managing your work as well, but amid that, your self-care shouldn't go for a toss. If you are finding it hard to deal with all the wedding planning stress, indulge in some self-care daily. From meditating for 20-minutes to practicing yoga and journaling, add these things to your daily chores so that you work on everything well. Pamper your skin, hydrate yourself, eat clean and make sure that you don't compromise on your health while solely focusing on the marriage. You want the wedding to be perfect and fun, but for that, you have to be stress-free. So take some time out daily for yourself and indulge in some self-care.
- Pamper Your Betterhalf: Wedding planning is stressful for you and your partner equally, and to ensure that your partner is happy and smiling throughout the wedding prep, plan a surprise date night for her. Gift her something that she likes, talk to her and be there for each other in all situations. Don't let her take all the wedding planning stress, so whatever it is, make sure that you are there to share the load with her. Cook a meal for her or order her favorite cuisine-there's a lot you can do to make sure that your partner is happy.
- Take One Task A Day: The major reason why you get the wedding planning stress is that you try to do everything in one go. However, you must realize that with thorough planning everything can be done on time without taking unnecessary stress. . So make a to-do list of daily activities and aim to achieve that, don't leave anything for tomorrow. And once you have accomplished your to-do, take some time off and relax with your partner and family members. You cannot do everything in a day, so don't try doing so-it will confuse you and everyone around even more.
We understand that you are under a lot of pressure for planning the perfect wedding- however, with these tips, we are sure you will get a breather here and there to spend quality time with your significant other. Focus on handling things in a systematic way, where everything is under control, and everyone is on the same page as you. You don't need to rush to anything, so take your time and plan the wedding of your dreams.
Besides, what's one stress-buster activity that helped during your wedding? Share it with us in the comments below.