As newlyweds, we are sure you must be stoked about going on a honeymoon with your betterhalf. A honeymoon is not only a great way to unwind and relax post the wedding madness, but it also gives you the time to reinvent each other as a married couple. And if you want to surprise your partner by taking them to an exotic place, bud doesn't have enough budget for it, don't worry, we have covered this one for you.
If you don't want to spend much, but take your partner to a place that you both will remember for the years to come, here are six affordable foreign trips that you can take with your partner. Each of these places has its charm and will fit your budget well. A 4-nights/5-days trip to these countries will be enough to rejuvenate you. So, without wasting any time, let’s get to it!
6 Foreign Trips To Take As Newlyweds For Your Honeymoon
- Dubai/Abu Dhabi: United Arab Emirates could be a nice place if you want to experience luxury, scenic views, and adventure on a budget. You can get a two-way flight ticket to the UAE for Rs.13,000, depending on the season you book. Dubai is only 3.5to4 hours from India and is perfect for Indians who want to enjoy their honeymoon in a luxurious setting. With stunning cityscapes, beautiful lighting, fountain shows, larger-than-life malls, and adventure parks - Dubai is everything you need on your honeymoon. You can shop till you drop and eat your heart out without worrying too much about money. Now that sounds perfect, right?
- Nepal: Nepal is one of the cheapest places to visit for a honeymoon as newlyweds. It's a border town to India and is easily accessible by roads as well. The stay in Nepal starts as low as Rs. 2000/night. You can enjoy the Indian vibe in Kathmandu while feeling like a tourist in Pokhara. Go on short hikes, shop from Thamel, bar and cafe hopping, spend chilled-afternoon boating or in the park - there's a lot to do in Nepal. You can also go to the Casino at night, and we are sure you will enjoy every bit of Nepal. And if you love Momos, then believe us, you are in for a treat there.
- Vietnam: Often known as a backpacker by and by, a trip to Vietnam will add more fun to your honeymoon. It is also one of the cheapest foreign trips that you can take as newlyweds. From admiring the coastlines at Halong Bay to enjoying the city life in Ho Chi Minh City, you will have one heck of a time in Vietnam. The country is known for its fresh vibe that will attract you the most. Vietnam has something for everyone, and with flights starting from Rs.15,000, you can easily plan a 6-day trip to Vietnam. You will not only enjoy the sight of the UNESCO world heritage sites but also get to immerse yourself amid nature while relishing the local food.
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: If you and your partner enjoy shopping together and love everything fashion, this place is a perfect honeymoon destination for you. You can eat, shop, sleep and repeat in Kuala Lumpur without burning your pockets. Visit the cultural sites, enjoy massages, explore the nightlife, enjoy street shopping, and so much more, and that too on a budget. The flight to Kuala Lumpur starts at Rs.14,000, and if you plan to go there, don't forget to plan a dreamy night for your partner. There's a sense of romance in Malaysia that will strengthen the bond and help you reconnect with each other as a married couple.
- Bhutan: If you and your partner love mountains and don't mind spending some time amid nature, Bhutan could be perfect for you. You can reach Bhutan via road, and the country is also known as one of the happiest countries in the world, and you must visit for sure. From hikes to cafes and shrines, there's a lot to explore here as newlyweds. If you want to experience snow, visit Bhutan in the winters, and you'll be in awe of the beauty the country has to offer. The stays in Bhutan start from Rs. 2500/night, and it's the perfect place to spend some quality time with your BAE for 7-8 days.
- Thailand: Known for its idyllic beaches, stunning islands, and young nightlife, Thailand and Krabi, in particular, is one of the foreign trips that you must take as newlyweds. You can visit different islands, enjoy varied water sports and immerse yourself in the beauty this island country has to offer. PS: Visit Thailand in the off-season for cheap fares and accommodation and enjoy everything cheap. So if you love Thai food, seafood, partying and just lazing around the beaches, then Thailand should be your pick for the honeymoon.
There are multiple places in India too like Shimla, Goa, Coorg, Ooty, etc., to visit on your honeymoon, but there's something about honeymooning abroad, and we are sure newlyweds can relate to that feeling. So if you have a budget constraint, these places are perfect for you, and we are sure you will have lots of fun exploring these countries with your partner.
On that note, which is your favorite destination in India and abroad? Do let us know in the comments below. And if you are newlyweds, which country from the above-mentioned list would you like to visit? Let us know in the comments below.