Sarees are traditional, ethnic, and timeless, and they never go out of style. There's no right or wrong age or occasion to don a saree. And if you are someone who loves sarees and want to add more style to them, then we have something for you. Here's how you can drape the saree in quirky ways and elevate your fashion game right away.
From Dhoti to Pant style, these quirky ways will not only help you stand out from the crowd but will also make you the showstopper of every event you attend. So dear ladies, it's time to give your desi saree a modern look with these ideas.
5 Quirky Ways To Drape A Saree You Must Try Right Away
- Drape It With A Belt: As an Indian woman, you can never go wrong with a saree- however, if you are planning to achieve a unique look, how about styling it with a belt? Sound's quirky, right? Well, drape a saree the normal way and add a fancy belt to it. The belt will cinch your pallu at the waist and accentuate those curves. You can also use a Kamar bandh if you want a more traditional look. However, if you are looking for quirky ways to up your fashion game, make sure to pair an off-shoulder blouse to add a more modern look to your saree. Several actresses like Shilpa Shetty, Malaika Arora Khan have donned this look, and they looked every bit stunning, and we are sure you will rock this look too!
- Make Use Of A Pant: If you are bored with the same old petticoat and want to experiment more with the saree, notch it up a level by securing the saree to your pants. Drape a saree the regular way and tuck it into your pants. This modern fusion look will not only be chic but will also elevate your saree fashion to a new level. It will help you strike a perfect Indo-western balance without compromising your Indian look. Actress Tapsee Pannu had donned this style during the promotions of the Mission Mangal movie, and she looked every bit stunning in the combo.
- Opt For A Lehenga Style: Are you finding it difficult to choose between a traditional lehenga and a classic saree? If yes, then how about draping your saree in a lehenga style? The lehenga-style drape is pretty easy, and to achieve the look, all you have to do is keep pleating the whole 6-9 yards. When it comes to pleating- the time and effort are the same- the only difference here is the look. So while this one is one of the quirky ways, it's also a show-stopper way that will ensure you look diva-like in the saree while it also appears to be a lehenga.
- Go With A Pre-Stitched Saree: Love to wear a saree but don't know how to drape one? Well, we have got you covered with that issue. Instead of opting for a regular saree, opt for a pre-stitched saree. It is also known as a cocktail style, and looks great for all wedding functions. And if you are planning to opt for this saree, make sure that you choose chiffon or georgette material. Also, wearing a stunning blouse is important to achieve the right look for this saree. It's an easy drape and works well for almost all wedding functions.
- Dhoti style: This unusual way of draping the saree has been garnering a lot of attention lately. Thanks to our Bollywood actress, everyone is now waiting to try this style. And if you are planning to achieve this look too - all you have to do is wear the saree with leggings instead of a petticoat for a better draping purpose. And when it comes to draping a saree, drape it the basic way, and you can also add embellished jackets and heavy jewellery to ace the Boss lady look. Furthermore, you can pair this saree with chunky sneakers and own the look completely.
Some things never go out of style, and a saree is one of them. And if you are someone who always looks for quirky ways to drape the saree, then we are sure you are going to love these styles. Which one are you going to try next? Do let us know in the comments below.