As a couple, yes, you are excited about all the wedding shenanigans; however, one thing that you are most excited about is the Honeymoon. Yes, we know you can't wait to go on a romantic, cozy honeymoon with your partner and spend all the time in the world with them. You plan the perfect honeymoon, book dreamy properties, choose exciting things to do, and plan the number of dates; however, there are some mistakes that you unintentionally make while planning and being on your honeymoon. Are you wondering what they are? Well, don't worry; we have made a list of five mistakes that couples must avoid while being on a honeymoon and while planning one. So read on and make a note of all these points.
Honeymoon Mistakes Every Couple Should Avoid
- Traveling Right After The Wedding: Yes, you are married, and the first thing you want to do is leave for your honeymoon. However, this is one of the many mistakes that you make. While planning your honeymoon, ensure that you pick the dates at least 15 days after your wedding. This way, you will not only get some time to spend with your family but will also get some time to destress and relax. All the wedding stress will show up right after the wedding, hence take some time off, take things slow, settle down, and then once you are fresh, go for the honeymoon. If you immediately go on the honeymoon, all the tiredness will show on your face, and you'll not feel energetic enough to enjoy the honeymoon. So dear couples, plan your romantic getaway 15 days to 1 month after the wedding and make the most of it.
- Not Considering Domestic Destination: India is beautiful, and there's something for everyone in this country. However, couples usually choose international locations for their honeymoon, and that's one mistake you must avoid. Going to exotic locations is not a bad option; however, with covid and travel uncertainties still around us, it's sensible to look for domestic options too. If you are craving Maldives, opt for Lakshadweep. If you miss beaches opt for Goa and Gokarna. When you travel domestically, you don't have to worry about the visa and other protocols, which makes your travel less stressful. So, while planning your honeymoon destination, don't avoid domestic locations.
- Planning A Hectic Trip: Yes, you are on a honeymoon, and you are finally going to the place of your dreams, but that doesn't mean that you have to fill your itinerary with everything possible. You should remember that you are going on a romantic getaway with your partner; hence taking things slow is the best way. Instead of rushing to all the tourist spots, pick important ones, and spend the rest of the time knowing each other well. Have romantic meals, cuddle more, sit together, and enjoy a sunset/sunrise. Planning a packed itinerary will not only make you a bit groggy, but it will also spoil the essence of your honeymoon. So sit back, don't worry about the logistics, and enjoy the time in solitude with your betterhalf.
- Not Carefully Researching About The Destination: No, we are not telling you to memorize Lonely Planet Guide. However, researching well about the weather, the locality you are staying in, food and other things is quite important. You don't want to fall sick on your honeymoon or be underprepared. So dear couples, avoid making this mistake and ensure that you know everything about the place you are traveling to and carry things accordingly. The healthier you are, the more you can enjoy your honeymoon. Be prepared, read up well, and make the most of your time with your BAE.
- Setting An Unrealistic Budget: Yes, you are planning a honeymoon, and you want everything to be dreamy and picture-perfect; however, dear couples, you cannot go into financial debt after your honeymoon. So one of the major mistakes that you must avoid is not carefully setting a budget for the trip. Don't go with the flow. Sit down with your BAE, set a budget, and plan a honeymoon accordingly. You don't have to go all out; look for something that you two will enjoy. Choose locations, and accommodations, keeping a budget in mind, and we are sure you'll have the best honeymoon on a budget. So ensure that you are wise and don't spend all your savings on one trip.
So dear couples, if you are getting hitched soon and are in the honeymoon planning phase, avoid these mistakes and have the best time of your lives with your partner. On that note, if you have recently been on a honeymoon and want to share some advice, do mention them in the comments below. We would love to know your experiences and inputs.