There's often a notion that relationships are all about being happy. And while every relationship or marriage starts with love, some have a very traumatic ending. But in some cases, despite the relationship/marriage getting toxic, one cannot get out of it. Yes, it's difficult to say goodbye - however, no one deserves to be in a toxic relationship since it makes your life toxic as well.
So if you are in a toxic relationship and don't know how to get rid of it, then here are relationship tips that will help you get out of the same. And while these tips will help you make a decision, it's you who has to stand up and end a relationship that's of no good to you.
Tips To Get Out Of A Toxic Relationship
- Start By Building A Safety Net: If you think your marriage is doing you no good and want to get rid of it , the first thing you need to do is build a safety net. Have a plan of action before ending everything. Make a plan of how you are going to deal with this change post marriage, involve people who are close to you and ask them for help, and ensure that you think thoroughly about it. If you are living with the person, make sure that you figure out your stay options after ending the relationship. Where would you stay, how would you handle everything, etc., should be planned beforehand.
- Take Someone In Confidence: We always love to celebrate our happiness. However, when things get toxic and ugly in our marriage, we tend to deal with all the sorrow ourselves. And when it comes to toxic relationships, one usually doesn't like to talk about it with others. And if you are one of them and want to get rid of this toxic life, the first thing you need to do is start sharing your feelings. Confide in someone you love and are close to so that they can help with this. If you feel unsafe or don't know how to deal with things, contact someone. Don't be afraid to ask for help. No one deserves a bad relationship, and if you are in such a relationship, talk about it and seek help.
- Motivate Yourself To Independent: When we’re used to being with someone in a relationship/marriage, we often tend to get dependent on them - not only emotionally but other aspects as well. And if you are too dependent on your partner in your matrimony and want to change things a bit, make sure that you start thinking about yourself first. Think about your life, your wants, set goals for yourself and do everything in your will to stand back on your feet. Getting rid of a toxic life can be difficult after marriage, but if you are independent and have set goals for yourself - the process becomes nothing but simpler.
- Stop Conversing With Your Partner: It takes a lot to get out of toxic marriages, and one of the essential things to do is stop communicating with your partner. It is so because the more you speak to your partner, the chances of getting manipulated increase furthermore. If you have decided to get out of the toxic marriage you are leading - it's only better to stop all the modes of communication. Yes, in the beginning, things will be a bit tough, but remember, you are doing this for yourself and a better life. So, take this as one of the most important relationship tips, and stop all forms of communication with your partner.
- Say YES To Self Love: Toxic relationships not only take a toll on our self-esteem but affects our mental health, too. And to ensure that you are sane and happy, both mentally and physically, you need to indulge in self-love. Take time for yourself and do things you love. If you have a hobby you want to pursue for a long time, now is your time. If going for spas or eating your favorite dessert makes you happy, you’re all welcome to do that. No one deserves a toxic life, and while you leave that behind, doing things that make you happy is the best forward.
- Take Professional Help: Getting yourself out of a toxic life and leaving behind the relationship is a process. You cannot end your toxic marriage overnight and like other things, getting out of a wedding is a journey too. And to ensure that you don't give up, seeking help from a professional can be very helpful. There are relationship counselors, therapists, and support groups that can help you heal in the right way. You not only have someone to talk to without any judgment but also have someone who will be able to guide you and help you through the process professionally.
- Don't Give Up: Yes, relationships take work, and there's so much more than love that you need for a healthy relationship. However, one thing that no one deserves is a toxic relationship. So at any point, if you feel that you are leading a toxic life, don't give up; take a stand for yourself. Yes, you will require a hell of a lot of courage, but that's the least you can do for a better life. Take a step for a better future, and start with the process of getting out of the relationship.
Toxic relationships are bad, and no one deserves to lead a life where they are not happy and peaceful. So, if you are leading a toxic life or know someone around you who is going through this, then be courageous, and take one step for a better future. No matter who you are, what your age or gender is, take that step for a better life, because like everyone, you deserve a happy ending too.