When it comes to gifting, before or after your marriage, some people think that it is all about impressing your betterhalf. However, gifting is so much more than just that. Yes, a materialistic value, but what matters more is the sentimental value and the thought behind it. No matter how big or small the gift is, the fact that you thought about your betterhalf and bought them something matters the most. And gifting is something that one should continue even after your wedding.
Now, if you are someone who doesn't believe in gifts, but your partner loves them, here's why you must give them gifts. Read on to know why gifting is a vital aspect of relationships, and you can thank us later.
6 Reasons Why Gifting Is Good For A Healthy Relationship
- Helps You Express Your Feelings: When it comes to love, marriage and relationships, words are enough to express how you feel about your partner, but sometimes you need to do something more than just words. Gifting your partner is not just an essential part of the relationship, but it also adds a unique spark and value to your relationship. If you can't express their love through words, use gifts to work the magic. It doesn't matter how small, expensive, or inexpensive your gift is - your thought behind the gift matters the most. It will not only make your partner feel special, but it will also make them appreciate you for taking an effort in the relationship.
- Let's You Express Gratitude: Two people can be different and still be happy together after wedding, and that's the beauty of relationships. If you love gifts, but your partner doesn't like them as much and doesn't ask you for any presents, then you must pamper them with gifts. When you give them things they didn't expect or ask for, they will not only appreciate your thought but will also appreciate the presents you bring for them. Words are important, but when you do something for the other person, it goes a long way. You cannot always express your feelings through words, and gifts help you do that.
- Great Way To Say Sorry: Relationships are not always hunky-dory - everyone has ups and downs in the relationship. And if you have been in an argument with your wedding partner and things are a bit dicey between the two of you, how about apologizing through language of gifts? Gifting a thoughtful present to your partner will not only make them forgive you, but the fact that you thought of expressing your apology will make them value your gift even more. So if you want to apologize to your partner, buy a thoughtful gift for them. If it's a chocolate or a flower, it doesn't matter - the only thing that matters is your intention behind it.
- Gifts Helps Rekindle The Romance: Relationships need work, especially if you are together for a longer time. When you are in a relationship with your partner for a year or more and also thinking about marriage, you tend to get comfortable with each other and unknowingly take each other for granted. And that's when romance takes a back seat in your relationship. So if you are feeling this loss of spark in a relationship, gifting your partner something spicy is a good idea. Gift her something that will not only add some spice to your relationship but will also help you rekindle the romance. We are sure you know your partner super well, so it's time to plan a fun surprise and buy a gift for them.
- Great Way Of Cheering Your Betterhalf: If your betterhalf is stressed because of their work and other things, then it's your job to bring a smile to their face. You can do that by saying good things to them and by cheering them, but besides that, you should also consider buying a nice gift for them. You can buy their favorite food or wine and cheer them up by planning a surprise date night. Doing so will not only help them take the edge off, but they will also know that no matter what happens, you are always there for them in all the ups and downs even after the marriage. You don't have to plan a fancy date, something simple with things they love is more than enough.
- Lets You Know Each Other Well: Your partner may want something from you, and drop hints for a while. Now, it's your job to pick up those hints and bring a gift for them. And if you can buy the thing they want, this also shows that you know a lot about your partner and their taste. Besides, this will also make them realize that they are with the right person. So when your partner is giving you some hints or if you see them eyeing something for a while, try buying it for them. They will cherish the gift because you bought it for them.
On that note, what are your thoughts about gifting in relationships? Are you someone who gifts very often or someone who believes more in words and less in gifts? We would love to know your thoughts on this in the comments below. Besides, what's the funniest gift you have gifted your betterhalf? Share that in the comments too.