Traveling is the best thing to do in the whole wide world. Be it traveling to a new city or a new state/country for work,, you learn and grow when you travel. And when it comes to traveling, it should be done as a pre-marriage ritual with your partner. People often say that you must travel with your partner before marriage, and they are darn right about it. You not only learn about each other but also grow as a team. You get to see each other in the worst state while appreciating being in each other's life. And more than anything, you get to make lifetime memories before your wedding takes place. You get to wake up next to each other in your dream city, share food and experiences, but more than you get to be each other's confidant.
Still not convinced? Well, we are here to convince you and for that here are six reasons why you must travel with your partner before marriage at least once.
Here’s Why You Need To Travel With Your Partner Before Marriage
- You Need Some Quality Time: Getting hitched- as dreamy as it sounds, is a lot of work. From planning things with families to spending time with friends and loved ones, you always have to be available as a couple. And while doing all that is fun, it makes you miss your partner a bit more since you cannot spend enough quality time together. And to ensure that it's just the two for a while, taking a trip with your partner is one of the pre-matrimonial rituals that shouldn't be missed. Travel with your partner, even if it's for a weekend getaway, spend time together, discuss all the stress, share your thoughts and spend some quiet time in love before you head back for all the wedding preps.
- You Will Get A Chance To Test Each Other's Patience: Traveling, as fun as it sounds, is not always a pleasant experience. From delayed flights to waiting for hours in the queue at the airports, traveling at times can get a bit messy. And during such situations, you will not only understand the patience level of your partner but will also see how good they are at dealing with such conditions. And while testing this in your partner, you will also get to test the patience level you have in dealing with your partner while dealing with unwanted situations.
- You'll Make Beautiful Memories: Traveling to different places with the love of your life is a travel goal. You may fight, think of killing each other on the trip, but will always kiss and make up. Travel with your partner before marriage not only to explore a place together but also to understand each other a bit more. Deal with the flaws, fights, unwanted situations together, and you will realize that you have chosen the right one to spend your life with. Click pictures, make memories, eat and drink your heart out since these are the memories you will cherish later in your life. So consider this as a pre-marriage ritual, and plan a trip right away.
- Explore Places And Interests: Traveling not only means reaching the destination and spending some time together in the room. It means that you get a chance to explore a different country/state, explore the values, cultures, attractions, food, and so much more. And while doing that, you will also understand things that you can do with and without your partner before marriage. For example, if you hate boating, but your partner loves it, then you will learn to deal with and enjoy it for your partner. You will also learn to let your partner be and enjoy things that they love doing. Giving each other space while still enjoying tonnes of things together is an essential thing before venturing out on a lifetime commitment before matrimonial.
- Test Of Toleration: You know what are real travel goals? Well, they are the ones when for the love of travel you deal with everything happily. And while traveling is fun post wedding, it can be equally exhausting too. And when you travel with your partner, you will get to see how your partner behaves in certain situations, sometimes, due to shifting the timezones, there'll be sleep issues as well, and then you will get to see how much they can tolerate in less sleep. You might not be okay with certain things, and your partner might love them- it will also be a test of your tolerance. So as a pre-marriage ritual, you will not only learn more about your partner but will also learn how to deal with each other in stressful situations.
- Do Things As A-Team: When you travel with your partner before marriage, you learn to do things as a team. When you meet in your hometowns daily, you don't get to do a lot together as a couple. But when it comes to travel, everything is different. For example, if you book a B&B for your stay, you will divide the chores as a team. On days when you do the cooking, your partner can do the dishes. That way you will learn to not only help each other but also learn how to coordinate and work as a team. And while these are basic things, traveling can also help you deal with undesired situations as a team. And this not only helps you be there for each other, but you also understand the importance of each other. Hence, traveling with your BAE is a must.
On that note, have you traveled with your partner as a pre-marriage ritual? If yes, we would love to know about your experience in the comments below. And for those in two minds about it, travel with your partner, and you will not regret it. We promise!