Wedding planning is fun, but one thing we all look forward to most is planning our Honeymoon. Be it ticking countries/cities off our bucket list or planning something huge for our partner, we all love to plan our honeymoon in style. And if you are getting hitched soon and are looking for some honeymoon planning inspiration, we have something for you.
Here are five luxurious train journeys in India that you must check out right away for some wedding inspiration. India is beautiful, and these train journeys let you experience India most royally. So ditch the same old Maldives and Thailand ideas, and opt for these train journeys instead after your marriage.
Luxury Train Journey In India That Are Perfect For Your Honeymoon
- Maharaja Express: Want to feel like a King and treat your partner as a Queen after marriage? If yes, Maharaja Express is for you. Maharaja Express is one of the most luxurious trains in the world, and it screams luxury. The train functions from October to April, and it has five routes to offer. You can either opt for the Heritage Of India route, which covers Mumbai, Ajanta, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaipur, Ranthambore, Agra, and Delhi. Or choose the Gems of India route, which covers Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, and Delhi. Or the Treasures Of India route, which covers Delhi, Agra, Ranthambore, Jaipur, and Delhi. With luxurious cabins, dreamy bars and restaurants, and top-notch butler service, you will definitely feel like a royal. The journey per person will cost you around Rs.3 Lakhs per person.
- Rajasthan On Wheel: Planning to visit Rajasthan for your honeymoon? How about visiting it royally by traveling in Rajasthan on the wheel? Well, the Royal Rajasthan On Wheels is not your ordinary train. It covers destinations such as Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Khajuraho, Varanasi, and Agra. You not only get to visit the royal palaces and the opulent Taj Mahal on this journey but also get to live a luxurious life on the train. It has 14-luxury cabins, and each one of them looks like a royal palace. From spa to bars and restaurants, the train has everything that will make you feel like a Rajasthan Royal during your honeymoon after marriage. The cost for this luxury train per person is Rs. 4 Lakhs onwards.
- Fairy Queen Express: Planning a small honeymoon because of prior work commitments? If yes, the Fairy Queen Express has something for you. Known as India's oldest luxury train, Fairy Queen Express functions from October to March and runs only on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month. What's more? The train takes you to Alwar and Sariska, making it a perfect train for a quick trip to refresh yourself after the marriage. The interiors of the train will transport you to the olden era, whereas the interiors will make you feel like a King and Queen. In comparison to other luxury trains, this one is a bit reasonable, hence should be on your list.
- The Deccan Odyssey: If you are from Maharashtra and Gujarat, and planning your honeymoon in this region only, Deccan Odyssey is just made for you. The 5-star train offers quaint palace-like rooms, which depict the various rules from the olden eras. They also have luxurious spa services to offer along with lounges and conference cabins, and more, making it perfect for your honeymoon. You can opt for a Maharashtra Tour, which includes places like Mumbai, Nasik, Ellora Cave, Ajanta Caves, Kolhapur, Goa, Ratnagiri, and more. If you opt for the Indian Odyssey route, it covers destinations like Delhi, Sawai Madhopur, Agra, Jaipur, Udaipur, Vadodara, Ellora Caves, and Mumbai. And if you want to explore Gujarat, opt for the Hidden Treasures of Gujarat route. It covers Mumbai, Vadodara, Palitana, Sasan Gir, Somnath, Little Rann of Kutch, and more. The approx cost for this luxury train journey is around Rs.3 Lakhs per person.
- Golden Chariot: Explore the serene beauty of South India on the luxurious Golden Chariot train. The train is known for its flawless hospitality and is perfect for you if you are planning a dreamy honeymoon in India. The interiors bespeak luxury, and their bar speaks grandeur. The luxury train has an Ayurveda spa and has won an award for being Asia's leading Luxury Train. The services of this luxury train run from October to March. You can enjoy Bangalore, Kabini, Mysore, Hampi, and Badami by opting for the Pride of the South route. Or explore Bangalore, Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Madurai, and more by opting for a Southern Splendour tour. The Approx rate per person is Rs.3 Lakh plus taxes.
These luxurious trains in India speak of grandeur and magnificence, and if you are planning a dreamy honeymoon and don’t mind spending extra. Add these luxury train journeys to your list to your post-wedding honeymoon trip.