People usually think that weddings are a big deal for brides only. However, we would like to make it clear that just like the brides, our grooms want to enjoy their wedding to the fullest as well. And for that, there are certain things that they should avoid doing a week before their marriage.
1 week before the wedding is crucial for the grooms and the brides, and to make sure that they are in the best of their health, there are certain things that they must avoid. So dear grooms, here are six things you must avoid before the nuptials, follow these, and you will definitely thank us later.
7 Things Grooms Should Avoid A Week Before The Wedding
- Say No To Bachelor Parties Before The Wedding: You are getting hitched, and we are sure your friends want to pamper you and ensure that you have the best time of your life before tying a knot. However, dear grooms, plan a party responsibly. We are not saying you do not party, but don't do it a week before the marriage because your liver needs time to handle all the partying. And with the wedding stress and other functions, you would not want your bachelor party hangover to spoil things for you. Hence, ensure that a week before the wedding, you stop drinking and do everything at least two weeks in advance.
- Don't try New Skin Products: We know your bride will be the centre of attention, and she will not only shop for new skincare products but also get all the possible skin treatments done - however, you also need to know that men and women have different skin. So before your bride is layering her skin with makeup, you shouldn't do the same. If you want to try some skincare products, try them at least a month before the nuptials. This way, even if your skin breaks out or you get any side effects, you can get them treated.
- Don't Eat Heavy Greasy Food: When you follow a clean diet, your body feels lighter, and you can perform all the wedding-related activities in a better way. So a week before the wedding, do remember to include more salads and greens in the diet. We know you don't have to flaunt your midriff by wearing a lehenga, but you still need to feel good and energetic and for that, having a clean diet is essential. Having heavy meals can also cause acidity, food poisoning, and stomach cramps, and you surely don't want to visit hospitals before the wedding. So eat clean, work out, and avoid junk. It will not only help you stay in shape but also keep your mood levels in check.
- Avoid Late Night Parties: As a groom, you need to look best too, so a week before the nuptial, ensure that you get a good seven hours of sleep. Just like the bride, your face also needs to look fresh and radiant, and for that, you should follow a good sleep pattern. Wedding week can get stressful, and when you don't sleep well, not only are you in a bad mood- you also tend to get irritated at the smallest things. Remember, you are getting hitched only once, and you don't want to have a groggy memory, so make sure that you sleep well. Good sleep equals more energy which means more fun.
- Avoid Hair Cut And Colour: We know, like the bride, you too want to change your look for the wedding, and you have all the rights to do so. But doing it a week before the wedding is something you should avoid at all cost. What if the hair colour doesn't suit your face, or the haircut doesn't look good on your face - in that case you will have no choice but to stick to it. Hence to avoid such situations, get all your haircuts and colours done a month before the nuptial. 1 week before the wedding, all you should do is wash and condition your hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid Doing Heavy Exercises: You want to stay in shape before and after the nuptials, and we get your point - however, a week before the marriage, you should only go for a walk and short runs and do some freehand workouts at home. It is so because heavy exercises might, unfortunately, cause some accident like a leg pull, sprain, or something that will not allow you to enjoy your wedding to the fullest. Hence, avoid it, and the best way to keep your body in shape is by eating clean, cutting off junk, drinking less, and sleeping on time.
So dear grooms, just like the bride, we know you too want your nuptials to be the best day of your life. You want to enjoy to the max level with your partner and loved ones, and for that avoiding these a week before the marriage is a must. We aren't' telling you to not do these things, what we mean is, don't do it a week before the wedding.