No matter who you are or where you come from, we are sure you do dream of looking the best on your wedding day. And while a good style and great outfits can make you look like the bride of your dreams, one thing that makes or breaks a look is the bridal makeup you do. If your makeup is not long-lasting, your face will end up looking dull, which is definitely a nightmare for all the brides. So if you want to ensure that you look radiant and shine like a bright diamond on all your wedding functions, here are seven tips to help you achieve the same.
These bridal makeup tips will not only make you look great in the pictures but will also boost your confidence, and help you enjoy your special day to the fullest with your loved ones.
7 Long-Lasting Make Tips For Every Bride-to-be
- Exfoliation is Is A Must: We usually start the makeup application process by simply washing the face. However, brides make one major mistake. Before starting with your bridal makeup, ensure that you exfoliate your skin and get rid of all the bacteria and dead skin. Use a good facial scrub and ensure that's the first step of your bridal makeup. It will not only leave you with long-lasting makeup but also make your skin feel fresh. So dear brides, remember it's all about exfoliating your skin first, and it's one step you cannot miss by any means.
- Say Yes To A Moisturiser: Once you have finished exfoliating your skin, it's time to seal the open pores with a mild toner and a moisturizer. Usually, people think primer is the first base in bridal makeup - however, brides, keep in mind that moisturizing your skin is super important. Prepping your skin with moisturizer will not only hydrate it but also help the foundation last long on the face. Opt for a moisturizer that's not too greasy or oily- it should suit your skin texture and absorb well in your skin. Do not forget this step since it will ensure that you have long-lasting makeup.
- Don't Forget The Primer: While doing the bridal makeup, the most vital makeup item is the primer. Primer not only helps you with last-longing makeup but also gives a nice texture to your skin which helps the makeup look good. Invest in a good coverage primer that doesn't make your skin too greasy and covers your pores. Opt for gel-based or serum one - the choice is yours. And if you don't know much about it, you can also ask your makeup artist to suggest a primer for your wedding makeup kit. They will check your skin type and suggest something that will sit on your face perfectly.
- Use A High Coverage Foundation: The type of foundation you use can make or break your bridal look. Brides often don't understand the importance of using a high coverage fountain.ence, at times, their bridal makeup doesn't look as good as it should. Keep in mind that the foundation is the main base of your makeup, and to ensure that it doesn't look very cakey, opt for a high coverage foundation. You only need two coats of high coverage foundation to set the look. And while you are at it, ensure that the foundation is hydrating enough, or else your skin will end up looking dull and dry. So dear brides, opt for a foundation with a decent amount of SPF and oils.
- Waterproof Makeup Is A MUST: Waterproof makeup should be a must for bridal makeup. No, it's not only about the fact that you will shed a few tears at your wedding, but it's much more than that. During the rituals, if you are sitting next to the fire, your makeup might start melting because of the heat. Or if you are having an outdoor, messy kind of wedding, then there are chances that your makeup might get messy as well because of the sweat, and you will not always have an opportunity to get a touch-up done. So, the best thing is to ensure that all your makeup products are waterproof. That way, you don't have to worry much about your makeup and enjoy all the functions.
- End It With A Setting Spray: The last but the most vital step to achieve the perfect bridal look is to set the makeup with a setting spray. A setting spray ensures that you get long-lasting makeup for your marriage. Don't compromise on this one since it's super important, and while applying the setting spray, make sure you close your eyes for 2-minutes so that the spray is absorbed well in your skin.
- Always Opt For A Makeup Trip: Well, this one doesn't have much to do with the makeup products you use, but dear brides, you must take a bridal makeup trial before finalizing your makeup artist. Every makeup artist is different, and the products they use are different too, and to see what works well on your skin and what gives you the much-needed dreamy look, go for a makeup trial. Depending on the trials, you will have a better idea about your skin and the look you want to achieve. So while you follow other steps, make sure you don't skip on this one too.
Dear brides, if you have gotten married recently, what's one makeup tip for long-lasting makeup you would like to give to the bride-to-be? Do let us know in the comments below!