As a little girl, you grow up watching beautiful brides in the movies and reality. All of this inspires you to dress like your favorite celebrity on your BIG day and start planning your wedding outfits right from the age of 10. However, while growing up, we realize that there's more to marriage than outfits. And while venue, decor, and other details are managed by friends and family, one thing the bride has to personally take care of is her wedding trousseau. A wedding trousseau is a collection of bridal things that a bride possesses and chooses to take with her after her marriage. From outfits to footwear and makeup, the trousseau can have multiple things.
And if you are a millennial bride who is getting hitched soon, here are a few quirky things that you must add to your wedding trousseau. Trust us, these things will not only up your fashion game, but you will also be able to use them after marriage in the long run. So dear brides, read on and take notes!
7 Quirky & Essential Wedding Trousseau For Millennial Brides
- Funky Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses at weddings is a must. Wear it on your Mehendi or Haldi function - and you can never go wrong with it. You can also add it as a statement piece for your sangeet outfit and make a dramatic entry with sunglasses on. So, as a millennial bride, if you are planning to add one to your trousseau, opt for retro round glasses, leopard print cat eyes, or the classic aviators - they always manage to level up the fashion game. And you can always wear them at your BFF's wedding too, so it's an investment piece. Plus, sunglasses are one accessory you can never go wrong with.
- Heavy Dupatta: You cannot go all out and sport heavy lehengas and dresses for your wedding functions since it becomes a bit difficult to manage, and you end up worrying more about the dress than enjoying the function. So if you are someone who prefers comfort over fashion, a heavy dupatta is a must for you. Add it to your wedding trousseau and bid adieu to all the outfit stress. You can pair it with a royal plain silk Kurta and jooti to stand out in the crowd. Or, you can style it as a cape and wear it on the Kurta or blouse and team with a skirt. As a millennial bride, you can do a lot with a heavy dupatta. So, do add this quirky thing to your wedding trousseau.
- Waist Belts And Bags: One trend that 2021 has given us, which will go on for years, is the waist belts and bags on traditional outfits. They elevate the outfit and make even the simple ones to a whole new level. You can either add a waist belt to your ghagra choli and accentuate your curves even more or add a waist bag to your basic outfit and change the fashion game all over. You can use it on your Mehendi/ Sangeet and even use it later on other weddings, so it's an investment for your wedding trousseau.
- Basic Silk Kurta: Silk kurtas are classic and timeless, and one can never go wrong with them. So if you are someone who wants to add statement and timeless pieces to the wedding trousseau, adding a silk Kurta should be a big yes. Pair them with chunky jewellery to create a look or with a heavy dupatta to create an outfit - you can always do tons of things with a silk kurta as a millennial bride. Opt for solid shades since they can be paired with anything easily. Prints are a bit tricky so try to avoid them.
- Chunky Jewellery: Love Boho gipsy vibes? If yes, then dear millennial bride, chunky jewellery is one of the many quirky things you need to add to your wedding trousseau! If you are confused about your Haldi outfit and want to keep it simple, you can opt for a silk Kurta and glam the look with Chunky silver pieces of jewellery. The best part is that they are always in style and can be adorned on several occasions in the future. You can also pair them with western outfits and achieve the classic bohemian look.
- Comfy Sneakers: Deepika Padukone elevated the style game when she danced in a pair of sneakers in one of her wedding functions, and from there, wearing comfy sneakers to weddings became a thing. And as a millennial bride, you must follow the trend and add this quirky thing to your wedding trousseau ASAP. Comfort over heels is always a yes, especially when it's a fashion trend. You can dance and enjoy all the functions without hurting your toe while creating a statement, now isn't that every bride's dream?
- Quirky jacket: Quirky jackets are always in the trend. Buy embroidered ones or the ones with heavy patchwork - both will look equally good on a millennial bride. You can wear it with your Ghagra or team it with a Kurta- you will look like royalty. So dear millennial bride, think no more and invest in a quirky jacket that screams YOU, right away and we are sure you ain't gonna regret the decision. If you are going to be a winter bride, then this jacket is a must for you.
When it comes to wedding trousseau, fashion changes every year, but there are a few things that always remain in style. And we are sure these quirky things will be in style for, at least, a decade more. So don't think much and add these to your trousseau right away! Also tell us in the comments which one from the list is your favorite?