A person's horoscope reveals a lot about that person’s traits and future. The horoscope is determined based on the sun sign of an individual. The sun sign of an individual is determined by the date of birth and time of that person. These things can help understand the characteristics and future of a person.
Astrology also has a way to find the future of a person when they want to be involved in wedding life. This involves matching the horoscopes of the two people who want to marry and checking their compatibility. The process of matching the horoscope of the couples to check their compatibility before marriage is called kundali matching.
In kundali matching, the horoscope of the couples is checked for eight important parts or divisions of life. Those eight parts are called kootas and resemble eight important aspects of wedding life. The process of matching the eight kootas is called ashtakoota kundali matching. The word ashtakoota is the combination of two words where ashta means eight and koota means parts. Following are the eight kootas matched during the ashtakoota kundali matching process.
- Gruha Maitri
What is Nadi Koota?
Nadi koota is the eighth and last koota which holds an important part in the kundali matching process. It speaks about the physical and psychological compatibility of the couples after the wedding. The Nadi koota also talks about the genetic and hereditary factors of the bride and groom.
The Nadi koota is further divided into three categories: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Nadi koota has a total of 27 Nakshatras. Each Nadi is composed of nine Nakshatras. When the bride and groom have different Nadi, then they will get the complete eight points. If they have the same Nadi, then they will get zero points. In the Nadi koota, Vata is also called Aadi Nadi, Pitta as Madhya Nadi and Kapha as Antya Nadi.
You can understand the point allocation for Nadi koota with the help of the following table.
Nadi is the Sanskrit word that means the nerve or pulse and is pronounced as ‘Naadi’. In Ayurveda, it is known as the life force. Put together, it has the meaning of a Pulse that carries the life force. Ayurveda is the ancient Indian science where Nadi deals with health-related aspects of life. Each Nadi represents unique elements from the five elements of nature.
- Aadi Nadi represents the air (Vata) element and illustrates the energy flow from bottom to top.
- Madhya Nadi represents the fire (Pitta) element and illustrates the energy flow in both ways.
- Antya Nadi represents the water (Kapha) element and illustrates the energy flow from top to bottom.
There are a total of 27 Nakshatras in the Nadi matching process and the Nakshatras are further divided into three groups. There will be nine nakshatras allotted to each group of Nadi. Following are the Nakshatras allotted for the three Nadis;
- Vata - Ashwini, Aardra, Punarvasu, Uttara Phalguni, Hasta, Jyeshtha, Moola, Shatabhisha, Purva Bhadrapada
- Pitta - Bharani, Mrigashira, Pushyami, Purva Phalguni, Chitra, Anuradha, Poorvaashadha, Dhanistha, Uttara Bhadrapada
- Kapha - Kritika, Rohini, Aaslesha, Magha, Swati, Vishakha, Uttaraashadha, Shravani, Revati
What is Nadi Dosha?
The basic rule of Nadi koota kundali matching is that the Nadi of the bride and groom should not match. When the Nadi of the bride and groom match, that’s when the Nadi dosha happens in the wedding. Nadi dosha will cause problems and disputes between the couple in their wedding life. Since there are three types of Nadi in the Nadi koota kundali matching, there are three types of Nadi dosha.
Aadi Nadi Dosha - It is believed that the couples with this dosha will have arguments that might lead to divorce.
Madhya Nadi Dosha - Wedding couples with this dosha will also face mishappenings in their life and it is believed that their children will also face health issues.
Antya Nadi Dosha - It is believed that a wedding couple with this dosha will lose a partner due to unfortunate circumstances or early age health-related issues.
There are other effects of Nadi dosha in the wedding life of a couple.
- The couple will lack mutual compatibility as per the Nadi koota kundali matching.
- There will be a lot of quarrels and fights between the couple because of the miscommunication between them.
- The couple might lead an unromantic life which will lead to an unhealthy relationship after the wedding.
- After the wedding, one of the wedding partners will face health-related problems. In addition, this might lead to financial problems and other problems at their wedding.
But there are certain circumstances where you don’t have to take Nadi dosha into consideration. Following are the exceptions of the Nadi dosha -
- Nadi dosha gets nullified when the wedding couples possess the same zodiac sign and different Nakshatras.
- Similarly, when the couple has the same Nakshatra but a different zodiac sign.
- Nadi dosha in the kundali match gets cancelled for the following Nakshatra pair.
- Rohini and Purva Bhadrapada
- Magha and Rohini
- Punarvasu and Ashwini
- Uttara Ashadha and Swati
- The Nadi dosha gets cancelled when the wedding couple possesses different zodiac signs with the same ruling planet.